ISO 21001 is a quality management system that aims to standardize education management to ensure it meets learners’ needs. It’s intended to help schools, colleges, training providers and other educational organizations implement best practice. It is based on the widely followed ISO 9001 quality management systems.
Around the world, education quality varies significantly. This means that in some cases, learners are not receiving the best level of education available.
As an Educational Organization Management System (EOMS), ISO 21001 attempts to address this problem.
To do so, it emphasizes several concepts related to education management best practice:
– Education quality depends on trained facilitators/teachers.
– A learner-centric approach is valued.
– Good resources and facilities are provided.
– Curriculum and material is relevant to learners.
– Family and societal support is offered.
– Gender-sensitive design is incorporated.
– A safe and conducive learning environment.
The standard aims to help educational establishments improve quality by incorporating these concepts and objectives into their teaching and training methods.
ISO 21001 also recognizes that technology is revolutionizing every facet of the education system, from streamlining homework assignments and marking to giving special needs students more personalized support.
ISO 21001 certification is intended to ensure that education providers are offering the highest quality instruction available to learners. In the coming years, ISO 21001 will be increasingly recognized as an independent measure of an education provider’s quality. Therefore, any organization that offers teaching and training will benefit from having their education management assessed against the standard.
– ISO 21001 certification empowers you to deliver more effective and efficient educational services, offering a customized experience to every learner, while supporting people with special educational needs.
– ISO 21001 helps educational organizations to ensure that learners receive the desired quality of education, while improving the learner’s productivity, safety and wellbeing.
– Enhance competitiveness and credibility – by implementing an effective EOMS, which complements a learner-centric approach.
– Sustainable growth – a powerful EOMS addresses the education sector’s key challenges, leaving you better positioned to appraise and realize new opportunities.
– Enhance brand reputation – an internationally recognized certificate from ICI promotes your brand image and improves company morale.